NBA YoungBoy Makes His Plea In Federal Weapons Case

Louisiana rapper NBA YoungBoy is liking his chances in court. The hip-hop star has reportedly pleaded not guilty for a publicized federal weapons charges case.

@sohh @sohhdotcom


149 Views
Comments Off on NBA YoungBoy Makes His Plea In Federal Weapons Case

NBA YoungBoy Makes His Plea

According to reports, YoungBoy made his voice heard this week following weeks of remaining behind bars. NBA a.k.a. Kentrell Gaulden entered a not guilty plea on multiple federal weapons charges.

Gaulden, appearing before Magistrate Judge Scott Johnson via video from the St. Martin Parish jail, pleaded not guilty to one count of felon in possession of a firearm and one count of possession of an unregistered firearm. The two charges stem from a September 2020 arrest in Baton Rouge. A trial date has been set for the middle of June. Gaulden is also facing state weapons and drug charges tied to the same arrest. A hearing is scheduled for April 20. (WBRZ)

The big announcement comes following a since-viral pic scattered the Internet showing YoungBoy behind bars. Social media commented on the pic and his lack of happiness.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂he tired he ain’t getting no sleep , he been throwing free concert in that jawn

Bro look like he been crying🤦🏾‍♂️

Damn he look like he boutta cry

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by DJ Akademiks (@akademiks)

NBA YoungBoy looks big sad in new shot.

NBA YoungBoy Smiles For The Camera

Initially, it seemed like the Baton Rouge native was doing fine behind bars. A picture originally emerged of the Top hip-hop star posted up in prison seeming to be in good spirits, but things might’ve changed.

“#NBAYoungboy seems to be in good spirits, #Roomies! 🙏🏾”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom)

NBA YoungBoy smiles for the camera behind bars.

NBA YoungBoy Isn’t Leaving Anytime Soon

YB has made headlines for the wrong reasons these days. Recent reports claimed the hip-hop star must remain behind bars after having a $540,000 bail revoked. According to reports, past issues have forced a judge on April 1 to look the other way at NBA’s bail. YoungBoy is expected to stay in jail until his upcoming trial.

According to legal documents viewed by Complex, a Louisiana judge has revoked the 21-year-old rapper’s $540,000 bond that was granted in the Central District of California last month. YoungBoy—legal name Kentrell DeSean Gaulden—was placed in federal custody on March 22 following an on-foot pursuit in California. He was wanted on an outstanding warrant stemming from 2020 drugs- and weapons-related charges. A California magistrate judge ultimately granted YoungBoy pretrial release that was contingent on Louisiana’s approval. (Complex)

Taken Into FBI Custody

In March 2021, a police swarm came after authorities attempted to stop a vehicle that the NBA YoungBoy was inside of due to a federal outstanding warrant.

YoungBoy led the police on a short chase before getting out of his vehicle and leading them on a foot pursuit. A K9 unit tracked the rap star down, although it didn’t bite him. He was taken into FBI custody and booked shortly after.

We’re told the bust went down Monday … LAPD and the feds attempted to pull over a vehicle NBA YoungBoy was in because he has an outstanding federal warrant. That set off a short pursuit — but once the car stopped, cops say the rapper bolted on foot. Our law enforcement sources tell us the cops set up a perimeter and brought in a K-9 to help find YoungBoy. BTW, we’re told the police dog didn’t bite him — but did sniff him out. We’re told the cops found a firearm in the vehicle — unclear if that belongs to YoungBoy, but we know the feds have him now. (TMZ)