PnB Rock is now the sixth rapper who was once signed to EMPIRE Records to pass away in the last four years; fans suspect there might be a connection. Here is a list of other rappers who are no longer alive and connected to the label.
The murder of PnB Rock shocked the hip-hop community.
Meanwhile, the Philly rapper recently released his first independent project earlier this month. However, fans suspect his previous deal with EMPIRE Records is connected to his passing.
Fans on TikTok highlighted many other rappers who were signed to EMPIRE that has passed away, speculating a possible coincidence or a terrifying truth.
- Florida rapper XXXTentacion signed with EMPIRE Records in 2017; he then signed a new ten-million-dollar deal a year later in 2018, only to be gunned down months later.
- Texas rapper Mo3 released his mixtape “Osama” with EMPIRE Records in 2019; the rapper was fatally shot a year later in 2020.
- Chicago rapper King Von was signed to EMPIRE Records from 2018 until his passing in 2020
- Memphis rapper Young Dolph was known to distribute his projects under his own record label Paper Route Records.
In 2018, Dolph signed a deal with EMPIRE Records—he was shot dead in his hometown in 2021.
- LA rapper Drakeo The Ruler was also signed to EMPIRE Records back in 2020, releasing only one project under the label, before being stabbed to death earlier this year.
Prayers continue to go out to the rappers’ families.
Omeretta Battling Mental Health Issues After Signing To Diddy’s Record Label
Being signed to a label can be tricky and take a toll on artists’ mental health.
Omeretta The Great, the newest signee to hit-making record mogul, Diddy “Love,” has told fans about her ongoing battle with mental health issues.
The pressure to work and make money has Omeretta “numb.”