With the sports world at freeze due to COVID-19, us sports enthusiast have time to catch up on off season moves that have shaken up the NFL. Nothing crazier than Tom Brady no longer being an New England Patriot or DeAndre Hopkins being traded to Cardinals, but teams have used this additional time to analyze best fits. Some moves logical, some moves mind boggling, this off season has definitely generated excitement for the upcoming season. BLAK Trophies got you covered with notable 2020 NFL free agents signings and trades, to keep you up to date with latest transactions. Below, check out my top five groundbreaking moves this off season.
1.) Tom Brady– Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- A move that caught everyone by surprise! No longer carrying his legacy in New England, Brady now has the weapons needed to pursue his seventh ring. Two star receivers in Mike Evans & Chris Godwin, along with other dynamic pieces makes this Tampa Bay receiving corp very dangerous.
2.) DeAndre Hopkins– Arizona Cardinals
- This move definitely triggered some questions. Although speculation of issues within the locker room, why would you get rid of arguably a top three receiver in Hopkins? This a A+ move for the Cardinals, but the Texans for sure took a loss with this. You lost a top receiver and basically got nothing in return, cant wait to see how this plays out.
3.) Dak Prescott– Dallas Cowboys
- Franchise tagged! Still no deal for Dak, what’s going on Cowboys? It seems the front office still has doubts in their supposedly franchise quarterback. This draws all kind of red flags! If Dak doesn’t have a great 2020 season, this will definitely be last tenure in Dallas. A make or break season for Dak and the Cowboys.
4.) Cam Newton & Jameis Winston– Free Agent
- The 2019 season was the year of the black quarterback, but for two seasoned vets they find themselves without a roster spot. Hard to believe there really isn’t market for former MVP Cam Newton. Coming off injury riddled seasons, Newton is battling to get teams to believe he can still call shots and lead team to a Superbowl. Its all bout finding the right opportunity and system. As for Winston, although he lead the league in passing yards and touchdowns, he also led the league in interceptions. With Brady now holding down the fort in Tampa, Winston needs to convince teams that if he were to correct his mistakes, he can in fact be a top tier QB in the league. The thing with that is, who’s willing to give the kid a shot? I believe in Winston and believe he can bounce back and become a starting QB in the NFL again.
5.) Emmanuel Sanders– New Orleans Saints
- Power move I say! You give Drew Brees’ an additional weapon to solidify an already dangerous Saints team. Tandem of Kamara, Thomas, and Sanders makes this Saints squad a force and a lock to become NFC champions. If this gels together right , Saints will be unstoppable this season.
Check back for more updates and 2020 Mock Draft!