Anxious for sports to return, the National Basketball Association is one step closer to bringing fans what we’ve been missing. There will be a champion crowned in 2020! For the first time in its history, the league will have a play-in format for the final postseason seeds in each conference. The eight-game regular season and full 2020 NBA Playoffs will be played in Orlando, at the ESPN World Wide of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World.
According to reports from Shams Charania and ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, below is the tentative schedule of key NBA dates.
- June 15: International players return to markets
- June 21: All players report
- June 22: Coronavirus testing begins
- June 30: Beginning of training camps
- July 7: Travel to Orlando
- July 30: Beginning of restarted 2019-20 season
- Aug. 15-16: Play-in tournament
- Aug. 17: Beginning of Round 1 of postseason
- Aug. 25: NBA Draft Lottery
- Aug. 31: Beginning of Round 2 of postseason
- Sep. 15: Beginning of Conference Finals
- Sep. 30: Beginning of NBA Finals
- Oct. 12: Game 7 of the NBA Finals (if necessary)
- Oct. 15: NBA Draft
- Oct. 18: Start of free agency
- Nov. 10: Training camps for 2020-21 season begin
- Dec. 1: Opening night for 2020-21 season
Although , the league is still working on completing the health and safety protocols and rules for restart, negotiations are far along enough to begin planning. Sources confirmed the NBA and NBPA have been working around the clock to finalize the terms.